The Ruby Red Hot Tuna Melt
- 2 tbsp. CHA! by Texas Pete® Sriracha Sauce (buy now)
- 2 cans of tuna
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup celery, small diced
- 1/8 cup red onion, small diced
- 1/8 cup pickles, small diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tomato (for 6 slices)
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 whole english muffins
- ¼ cup butter
- Open the cans of tuna and drain the liquid.
- Place the tuna in a mixing bowl and add the CHA! by Texas Pete®, mayonnaise, celery, red onion and pickles.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the tomato and set aside.
- Split the English muffins down the middle.
- Place 1 slice of cheddar cheese onto each English muffin bottom.
- Scoop approximately 3-4 ounces of the tuna salad onto the muffin bottoms, followed by 1 slice of tomato, and put the tops on.
- Place the ¼ cup of butter into a cast iron skillet and turn the heat to high.
- When the butter is melted, carefully place the tuna sandwiches into the pan and fry them on both sides until golden brown, crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.