Texas Pete® Chicken-Fried Chicken and Herbed Waffles
Chicken-Fried Chicken Ingredients
- 1 cup Texas Pete ® Original Hot Sauce (buy now)
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 4- 4 oz. chicken breasts, pounded
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
Herbed Waffle Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. parsley, chopped
Chicken-Fried Chicken Preparation
- In a medium sized baking dish, combine buttermilk and Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce.
- Add pounded chicken breasts and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from buttermilk and dredge in all-purpose flour seasoned with the salt and pepper.
- In a medium sauté pan on medium high heat, add canola oil. Let the oil get warm for 1 minute. Place chicken in pan and cook until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165° F.
Herbed Waffle Preparation
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl with a whisk or electric hand mixer, beat flour, eggs, milk and vegetable oil until smooth.
- Add sugar, baking powder, salt, and herbs.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into iron and cook until golden brown.