Texas Pete® Sweet and Spicy Green Beans and Carrots
- 2 tbsp. Texas Pete® Hotter Hot Sauce (buy now)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 lb. green beans, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced in half moons
- 1 apple, sliced in half moons
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
Products used in this recipe:
- Blanch the carrots and green beans until nearly tender.
- Strain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until nearly crisp.
- Add in the onions and cook until translucent and soft.
- Add in the apple, Texas Pete® Hotter Hot Sauce, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until apples are tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and carrots; heat through and serve immediately.