Texas Pete® Smoked Sausage and Spicy Cheese Grits
- 1/4 C Texas Pete ® Original Hot Sauce
- 4 C grits, cooked according to directions
- 1½ C butter, cut into Tbsp. size pieces
- 2 C colby-jack cheese, shredded
- 1 C sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1½ Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2½ Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 C chicken stock
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Chopped chives for garnish
- 2 lbs. smoked sausage, grilled
- 2 bell peppers, cleaned and cut in half
- 2 white onions, cut in half
- Oil, for seasoning
Products used in this recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cooked grits in a large, lightly greased, oven-safe baking dish.
- Stir in Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce and remaining grits ingredients except chives. When adding chicken stock, make sure the grits stay “soupy” in texture, which keeps them from getting too dry while baking.
- Bake for one hour, stirring occasionally. Garnish with chives.
- While grits are baking, grill sausages. Place peppers and onion face down on grill to roast, being careful not to burn.
- When all is done, remove from heat and allow sausage to “rest” for about 10 minutes before cutting. Cut the peppers and onions into strips, then cut the sausage into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix sausage and vegetables in a large bowl. Cover and keep warm until serving.
- Place desired amount of grits in center of plate, then spoon sausage mixture over. Top with a dash of Texas Pete® and serve hot.