Texas Pete® Roasted Dates Wrapped in Bacon with Nuttin’ Honey
- 1 cup Texas Pete® Hotter Hot Sauce
- 60 dates, pitted
- 1 cup marcona almonds, whole, toasted
- 20 slices (approximately) smoked slab bacon, thickly sliced (#12 setting on slicer)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup cheese sauce (thin consistency)
Products used in this recipe:
- Heat oven to 400°. Stuff each date with one Marcona almond. Cut bacon into 2-inch pieces and wrap each stuffed date with bacon. Place dates in a single layer about an inch apart on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix Texas Pete® Hotter Hot Sauce and honey until well combined. Brush bacon-wrapped dates generously with glaze and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon is cooked and glaze is caramelized.
- Serve warm, drizzled with cheese sauce, if desired.