Texas Pete® Roasted Corn and Poblano Salad
- 1/4 C Texas Pete ® Original Hot Sauce
- 6 ears corn, roasted, cut from cob
- Butter for brushing on corn
- 2 poblano chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, medium, chopped
- ½ C cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, large, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil, extra virgin
- ¼ C parmesan cheese, shredded
Products used in this recipe:
- Prepare corn for roasting. Take each ear and pull off only the first couple of layers of husk, leaving a few layers for protection. Place cobs in a pot and cover completely with cold water, allowing them to soak for at least 15 minutes. This helps protect the cornhusks from burning.
- While the corn is soaking, preheat grill or oven to 350°F. After soaking, remove corn from water and shake off any excess. Pull the husks of each cob back (but do not completely remove them). Remove and discard only the silk.
- Brush the kernels with butter; fold the husks back over corn and place cobs on grill to roast. Turn frequently, making sure the corn does not burn. Or to use oven: Place cobs on a baking sheet lined with foil and roast in oven for 30 minutes or until corn is soft.
- After you have roasted the corn, cut it off the cob into a large mixing bowl. Add Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce and remaining ingredients and allow to marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours before serving as a side dish or as a condiment on tacos.