Texas Pete® Mo-hotto Mojito Shooters
- 2 tsp. Texas Pete® Hotter Hot Sauce
- 1 quart sparkling water, cold
- 1 quart white rum
- 10 limes, outer skin thinly peeled with a peeler
- 1 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 bunch or 1 cup (packed) mint leaves, fresh
Products used in this recipe:
- Place the white rum and the sparkling water in the refrigerator to chill.
- Place the thinly peeled lime peel, lime juice and granulated sugar into a medium-size sauce pot and bring to a boil. Immediately turn off the heat. Stir to dissolve the granulated sugar and add the fresh mint leaves to the sugar and lime mixture. Keep off heat and let the mixture steep for 2 to 3 hours. Strain well and keep refrigerated.
- To assemble, combine the simple syrup with the whole bottle of cold white rum and 2 teaspoons of the Texas Pete® Hotter Hot Sauce.
- Mix one bottle of ice-cold sparkling water with all of the spicy rum mixture. Portion it into shot glasses and serve immediately. If you like spicier you can continue adding 1 teaspoon at a time of the Texas Pete® Hotter Hot Sauce until you have reached the level of your liking.