Texas Pete® Curried Chicken CHA! Stew with Golden Rice
- 3 tbsp. CHA! by Texas Pete® Sriracha Sauce
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 or 2 cup carrots, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, sliced into half moons 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small onion or 1 cup yellow onion, peeled, cored, cut in half and sliced into 1/4 inch thick half rings
- 1 red bell pepper, stem, seeds and ribs removed, large diced
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 lb. chicken breast, boneless, skinless, large diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, canned
- 13.5 oz. coconut milk, canned
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, fresh, rough chopped
- 1 cup cashews, salted, rough chopped (slightly), for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
Products used in this recipe:
- Place a large pot on the stove and turn to medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once heated, add the carrots, onions, peppers and mushrooms at the same time and begin cooking. Stir frequently to prevent them from burning. Stir in the 1 tsp. of salt. Cook the vegetables for 3-4 minutes then add the curry powder. Cook for 1 more minute stirring frequently then add the diced chicken. Continue to stir.
- Cook the chicken and vegetables until the chicken is half way cooked about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, coconut milk and the CHA! by Texas Pete and mix to thoroughly incorporate all ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer. Keep on a low simmer and cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the sauce has been reduced by half.
- While the chicken stew is simmering begin the steamed rice.
- Place the white rice, water, salt, olive oil and curry powder into a medium size sauce pot with a tight fitting lid and turn the heat on high.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute before removing from heat. Keep the lid on the rice and let steam for approximately 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff rice with a fork.
- Add the fresh cilantro to the chicken stew just before serving.
- To serve, portion and ladle the stew between 4 large dinner plates. Spoon about a quarter of the rice on top and garnish with 1/4 cup chopped cashews. Serve immediately.