Texas Pete® Crazy Curried Cauliflower
- 1 Cup Texas Pete ® Original Hot Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 red onion, sliced paper thin
- 1 1/2 cups rasin vinegar (may substitute Champagne vinegar)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 6 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Products used in this recipe:
- Clean and trim the outer leaves from the head of cauliflower. Discard the core and break the florets into large, bite-size pieces. Place the cauliflower florets and the red onion into a storage container large enough to cover the 2 cups of pickling liquid.
- Place the rasin vinegar, water, curry powder and granulated sugar into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Once you remove from heat, add the Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the spicy vinegar over the cauliflower florets and red onion, cover and place in the refrigerator to cool. The pickled cauliflower will be ready to eat after 24 hours.