Texas Pete® CHA! Burger
- 4 tbsp. CHA! by Texas Pete® Sriracha Sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck
- 2 tbsp. blackening spice (see recipe)
- 6 oz. crispy fried onions (see recipe)
- 18 slices bacon brand thick-sliced bacon
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 12 slices CHA! pickles (see recipe)
- 4 onion rolls
- 1 tbsp. butter
Crispy Fried Onions
- 1 vidalia onion — large
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. blackening spice (see recipe)
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. CHA! by Texas Pete® Sriracha Sauce
- 12 pickling cucumbers — kirby
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 3/4 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 cup fresh dill — chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. pickling spice
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- 4 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- ½ tsp. chipotle powder
- ¼ tsp. ground mustard
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
Products used in this recipe:
- Form ground meat into 6 ounce patties.
- Coat patties with blackening spice.
- Prepare CHA! ranch sauce.
- Prepare crispy onions.
- Cook bacon.
- Grill patties to medium (internal temperature 135° F), melting cheese on top at end.
- Spread each bun with butter and grill on griddle until warm and toasted.
- Place burger patties on bottom section of each bun.
- Place 2 slices of bacon on top of cheese on each patty.
- Top each burger with 1 ounce of crispy onions.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of CHA! ranch sauce over each burger.
- Place 3 CHA! pickles on each burger.
- Top with bun lid and secure with frill pick.
Crispy Fried Onions
- Slice onions 1/8 inch thick.
- Soak in buttermilk for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Mix flour, blackening spice and salt together.
- Remove onion slices from buttermilk and dredge in flour mixture.
- Take floured onions immediately into 375° F oil and fry until golden brown.
- Mix water, vinegar, chopped dill, sugar, salt, garlic, pickling spice and CHA! together in a large bowl.
- Stir until sugar and salt dissolve, add cucumbers and allow to sit for 2 hours.
- Remove cucumbers to three 1.5 pint wide mouth jars.
- Ladle in liquid from bowl to cover cucumbers and add one sprig of dill to each jar.
- Refrigerate for 10 days before eating.
- Combine all ingredients