Texas Pete® CHA! Battered Fish with Spicy Lemon Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. CHA! by Texas Pete® Sriracha Sauce
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 2 tbsp. CHA! by Texas Pete® Sriracha Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- Lemon zest, minced: 2 lemons
- Lemon juice, fresh squeezed from lemons used for zest
Products used in this recipe:
- Trim the fish if necessary and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Preheat the deep fryer to 350° F. Prepare the batter: In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, milk, water, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Refrigerate the batter for 1 hour before using.
- Do not add the CHA! by Texas Pete® until just before you are ready to batter the fish, after refrigerating.
- Prepare the flavored mayonnaise: Combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice and the CHA! by Texas Pete®. Mix well.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- When you are ready to fry the fish, add the CHA! by Texas Pete® into the batter and mix well.
- Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels before dipping them into the batter.
- Dip the fish fillets into the batter and lightly shake off excess batter.
- Carefully place the battered fillets into the deep fryer. Do not move the battered fish fillets until the batter has set and the fish begins to float up from the bottom of the fryer.
- Touching the fish too soon will cause the batter to fall off the fish. Fry the fish for approximately 4 minutes or until golden brown, crispy and fully cooked with an internal temperature of 150° F.
- When the fish is cooked it will float to the top of the oil.
- Carefully remove the fillets from the fryer and place them on paper towels to absorb excess grease, then season them with salt and pepper.
- Portion the spicy mayonnaise into four ramekins and serve with the CHA!-flavored battered fish.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and serve with the CHA! Battered Fish.