Texas Pete® Buttery CHA! Steamed Mussels with Grilled Bread
- ¼ cup CHA! by Texas Pete® Sriracha Sauce
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 shallots, sliced into thin rings
- 4 lbs. mussels, cleaned, beards removed
- 1/8 cup dijon mustard
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 stick butter, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. parsley, fresh, rough chopped
- 3 tbsp. chives, fresh, minced
- 3 tbsp. tarragon, fresh, rough chopped
- Baguette, sliced ½-inch thick on bias: 16 oz. baguette
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
Products used in this recipe:
- Start by cleaning the mussels well with a wet rag and remove the beards from the hinge of the shell.
- Place a large pot with a tight fitting lid on the stove top and turn on high heat.
- Add the olive oil and the sliced shallots and cook on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the mussels to the pan and cook for 1 more minute on high heat until you can hear the bottom of the pan sizzling.
- Add the dijon mustard, CHA! by Texas Pete®, white wine, butter and a pinch of salt and pepper all at the same time.
- Place the lid on the pan and allow the mussels to steam for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Once the mussels begin to open up, remove the lid from the pan and allow the sauce to reduce and thicken by half with the mussels in the pan.
- While the mussels are cooking, prepare the toasted bread. Preheat the broiler in the oven.
- Slice the baguette into ½-inch thick slices on a bias and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the bread on a sheet tray and place it under the broiler to toast until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the bread from the oven.
- When the sauce for the mussels has thickened and reduced by half, remove and add the fresh chopped parsley, chives and tarragon.
- Arrange the steamed mussels into a large serving bowl. Pour the sauce over the mussels and serve with the toasted bread for dipping.