Texas Pete® Buffalo Mac and Cheese
- 1 (16 oz.) box pasta shells, cooked according to directions
- 1/2 cup Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 (12 oz.) cans evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. shredded cheese
- 5 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 rotisserie chicken, small, shredded and skin removed
- 12 oz. bacon, thick cut
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1/2 – 1 C. Panko bread crumbs, toasted
- 1/4 C. green onions, chopped
Products used in this recipe:
- In a frying pan, cut bacon into bite size pieces and fry until crisp. Set a side on a paper towel to drain. (Reserve some for topping)
- Heat oil in a small frying pan, on medium-high, when oil starts to bubble, add Panko. Make sure to keep the oil hot, almost smoking to keep the breadcrumbs from getting greasy. Stir constantly, for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Set a side on paper towel until ready to serve.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat add Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce, Dijon mustard and evaporated milk and whisk until combined and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch with cheese and toss to thoroughly coat then add to saucepan, stir to combine.
- Add the blue cheese, stirring constantly, until all the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add pasta, shredded chicken and bacon to sauce and combine.
- Sprinkle mac and cheese with reserved bacon, toasted Panko and green onions.
- Serve hot.