¡Sabor! by Texas Pete® Summer Vegetable Soup with Shrimp
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, cleaned and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed (1 cup frozen corn, thawed, can be substituted)
- 2 C green beans cut into 1-inch pieces (frozen can be substituted)
- 1/8 C ¡Sabor! by Texas Pete® Mexican-Style Hot Sauce
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 1 qt. clam juice
- 2 C egg noodles, cooked to package directions for al dente (about 5 minutes)
- 1 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined, can be prepped ahead
- ¼ C cilantro, stems removed, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon, seeds removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, sauté the onions, jalapeños and carrots, in oil until softened.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, corn and green beans and continue to sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add ¡Sabor! by Texas Pete®, chicken stock and clam juice. Allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in noodles, shrimp and cilantro, cover and remove from heat. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, then season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve with bread.