¡Sabor! by Texas Pete® Roasted Corn and Mango Salsa with Shrimp Tacos
- Ingredients for Salsa:
- 3 Tbsp. ¡Sabor! by Texas Pete® Mexican-Style Hot Sauce
- 6 ears of corn, roasted and kernels cut off (directions below)
- 2 mangos, large, cubed
- 2 avocados, large, cubed
- 2-3 garlic cloves, medium, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, large, cleaned and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ½ C cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, large—zest and juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ingredients for Shrimp Tacos:
- ¾ cup Texas Pete® Extra Mild Wing Sauce
- 2 lbs. shrimp, shelled, deveined with tails removed, uncooked
- ½ lb. cabbage mix, shredded (angel hair, not classic)
Products used in this recipe:
- Pull off only the first couple of layers of husk on each ear of corn, leaving a few layers for protection. Place corn cobs in a pot and cover completely with cold water, allowing them to soak for at least 15 minutes. This helps prevent the cornhusks from burning.
- While the corn is soaking, preheat grill to about 350°F. After soaking, remove the corn from the water and shake off any excess. Pull the husks of each cob back (but do not completely remove them). Remove and discard only the silk.
- Brush the kernels with butter; fold the husks back over corn and place on grill to roast. Turn frequently, making sure the corn does not burn. This process can also be done in your kitchen oven: Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare corn the same as for grilling, place corn still in their husks on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, and roast for 30 minutes or until corn is soft.
- After you have roasted the corn, allow it to cool and cut off kernels into a large mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, with roasted corn, gently combine ¡Sabor! by Texas Pete® and remaining ingredients.
- Season with extra ¡Sabor!, depending on desired heat level, and extra lime juice if needed.
Directions for Tacos:
- In a large bowl, marinate raw shrimp in Texas Pete® Extra Mild Wing Sauce for one hour.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- In a large, preheated skillet, sauté shrimp until they have turned pink, being careful not to overcook.
- Fill warmed tortillas with cabbage and shrimp, and top with salsa.