A sweet, spicy and savory recipe to delight guests at your Autumn and Winter gatherings
WINSTON-SALEM, NC (October 24, 2011) – Tim Grandinetti, special events chef for TW Garner Food Company, recently developed a winter squash recipe to transform a simple vegetable into something special. The result, an Acorn Squash “flavor bomb” fitting the chef’s high-energy personality. Enjoy.
Roasted Acorn Squash w. Texas Pete® Chipotle Hot Sauce, Honey & Bacon
- 2 each Acorn Squash, washed thoroughly & cut 1/2
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Black Pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Texas Pete® Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- .25 lb. Bacon, thick cut, sliced into lardons, cooked until crispy
- 1/4 bunch Scallions, bias cut
- 1 each Leeks, julienne, baked in 200° oven for 12-14 minutes
- Heat oven to 325°
- Season Acorn squash with salt and pepper.
- Place Acorn Squash flesh side down on lightly oiled baking sheet tray. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove Acorn Squash from oven & invert.
- Combine butter, Texas Pete® Chipotle Hot Sauce, brown sugar, and honey – drizzle atop Acorn Squash.
- Roast for an additional 18 to 20 minutes.
Cut Acorn Squash into quarters & generously garnish with bacon lardons, chopped scallions & crispy baked leeks.
Grandinetti also developed a host of Thanksgiving recipes including an alternative to the traditional turkey gravy – the Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce & Bourbon Scented Apple, Scallion, & Rosemary Jus for Poultry. And, as a special treat during the after-dinner football snack time, a new sandwich – the Texas Pete® Turkey Hot Brown featuring Roasted Tomato, Bacon, & Texas Pete® Mornay Sauce atop Cheddar & Chive Biscuits. For all these recipes, visit the Texas Pete® Web site recipe page at www.TexasPeteRecipes.com.