Texas Pete® CHA! Spicy Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- 4 tbsp. CHA! (buy now)
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1/4 cup ginger, fresh, finely grated
- 4 cloves garlic, fresh minced
- 1/2 cup scallions, fresh, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, fresh, rough chopped
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 8 slices bacon, thick sliced
- 1/4 cup CHA!
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place the ground pork into a large mixing bowl. Add the grated ginger, garlic, scallions, cilantro, soy sauce, sesame oil and the Cha! by Texas Pete and mix well until fully combined.
- Next, add one egg at a time followed by the panko breadcrumbs. Mix until everything is evenly incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Line a sheet tray with aluminum foil and lightly coat with either olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap on a clean work surface.
- Arrange the bacon strips on the plastic wrap one at a time overlapping them lengthwise just enough so that there is no space in between each strip of bacon.
- Place another piece of plastic wrap large enough to fit over the whole sheet of bacon and press down firmly.
- Using a mallet carefully pound the bacon strips to tenderize and to stick together.
- The sheet of bacon will widen a few inches on each side and should be approximately 10 inches long by 8 inches wide. Remove the top layer of plastic wrap and discard.
- Keep the bacon on the bottom sheet of plastic wrap.
- Turn the plastic wrap with the bacon so the strips are facing you vertically.
- Form the meatloaf into the shape of a log horizontally onto the center of the sheet against the strips of bacon.
- Carefully roll the bacon with the meatloaf tightly keeping it in the shape of a log.
- Place the meatloaf onto the sheet tray. Carefully remove the plastic wrap from the bacon.
- Sprinkle the top of the bacon wrapped meatloaf with all of the sesame seeds.
- Place the meatloaf into the oven to bake for approximately 1 hour or until an internal temperature of 165° F has been reached.
- While the meatloaf is cooking prepare the glaze. Combine the Hoisin sauce with the Cha! By Texas Pete and mix well. Glaze the meatloaf with this mixture 2-3 times during the second half hour of cooking.
- When the meatloaf is fully cooked remove from the oven and let it rest for approximately 15 minutes before slicing.