Fire Roasted Rib Eye Steak with Bacon
and Texas Pete® Butter
- STEAK INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2'' thick rib eye steak
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cracked black pepper
- STEAK BUTTER INGREDIENTS:
- 6 thick cut slab bacon slices
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup Texas Pete® Chipotle Hot Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 tbsp. sweet butter, softened
- STEAK BUTTER PREPARATION:
- In oven - cook bacon which has been brushed with 1/4 cup molasses and 1/8 cup Texas Pete® Chipotle Sauce. Bake until cooked through, NOT crispy. Chop bacon and transfer to mixing bowl - add remaining molasses, Texas Pete® Chipotle Sauce and softened butter. Refrigerate.
- STEAK PREPARATION:
- Pre-heat grill to 400° F. Remove steak from refrigeration and allow to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Season with extra virgin olive oil and cracked black pepper. Place steak on grill for 3-4 minutes; rotate 45 degrees - cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Flip the steak and cook 3-4 minutes; rotate 45 degrees - cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from grill and slather with Texas Pete® Butter!